Sunday, October 28, 2007

Busy Weekend

I have been busy splitting up maple and apple wood for next winter's heating wood. On Saturday I helped prep lunch for the retreat that Lynn was at. Randy Little told me about the pellet stove that he bought and had installed in his house. He says that he is well satisfied with it and plans to save a lot of money on his heating bill. It sounds like a trouble-free way to go. I would wait for a pellet furnace to be developed with an extra big hopper and the blower power to hook it up to the existing duct work in our house.
My back is sore tonight. I bucked up some downed apple trees on a side slope. The wood is nice and maroon colored, dense and will be prime for heating next year.
I must get some pictures of some of the flowers that Lynn has still blooming in her flower gardens around the house and post them here.
A little snow on Friday; just a trace.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: